As I stretch out listening to BBC podcasts subscriptions, I
send a silent prayer to bless the developers of Miro yet again for the handy
tool. As to my friends here, I have not forgotten my promise to write about my
other discovery this week. In fact, this has been quite the “discovery” week.
But I will not reveal my other web-treks as yet – yes, they are mostly
cyber-world discoveries. I will save them for future posts ;)
“Discovering” Book Blogging almost three years after my baby
steps into the world of blogging, does throw into sharp relief what an amateur
I still am ;) Another irony of this discovery is that, my first blog post ever
was a book review! One would have thought I would be a veteran in book
blogging! Well, things did not progress on that front as you can see. I spent
too much time racking my brains and keeping my eyes peeled for things around me
to blog about, that I missed what has always been close to my heart. Sure, I
have blogged about books and bookstores. But I never got into mainstream book
blogging. This is not to say I will stop boring you with these musings :P and
do only book reviews hereon, but I do intend to make an attempt at reviewing.
A lot of the book blogs I looked at were semi-professional –
there was a proper book review policy, reviews done on books picked up from the
store as well as on requisition by author, etc. I am not aiming to get into the
high-flying league though. Even I am not that deluded you see ;) My reviewing
will be mostly for my own sake. I went back and re-read my first post and my
only book review in history. I remember the pleasure I experienced writing it,
my first piece of writing that was not a school essay or exam paper. And it
helped me refresh my memory about the book beautifully and inspired me to pick
up a book from my to-be-read stack as well. And that is reason enough for me to
try book blogging!
.png)


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Would love to know what you think :)