A Monologue (not really...) of a Confunded Writer

As the few of you following my blog would have noticed, I have been posting articles fairly often the past two months. I kept wanting to write almost every single day. And I tried to make time for it. But I have also been having this nagging feeling that something was missing in my writings lately. Was it my style? Or even worse, substance? Nah, I think the substance was OK, not too bad atleast. I guess it is the style.


As I went and reread my last few entries I noticed my sentences steadily became more winded. I always liked my writings to be a mix of simplicity and a conversational style. I never wanted complex sentence construction to be my trademark. My words should paint the picture subtly, not become the glaring colours of the picture itself. Or in other words, I liked the idea to transcend the writing. I noticed that my last two blogs atleast deviated heavily from my aspired style. In fact, this contrast became more clearly apparent to me from my perusal of the “Lost & Found” piece. The “Columns” was the exact style of writing I liked and was comfortable with.


Well, I guess I am being too harsh with myself. It is not as if the last few entries are totally unreadable(They aren’t that bad, right? :P ). It was just that I wasn’t totally satisfied with the writing. You are wondering where this is going, right? Well, I warned you, the title says “confounded writer”, you should have known ;)


So, coming back to the topic, I thought about why my writing wasn’t my best and hit upon the culprit(No, no, not me. OK, maybe in one sense, it could be said it is me. But you know, … OK, I will stop :) ). I realized I did not write the pieces in one stretch. So my thought flow had been broken and hence my writing looked more like a collage than a picture. So you know what I did, sat down and wrote this in one go! :)

1 comments:

Shiva said...

"I liked the idea to transcend the writing."- like the thought behind this :)

Post a Comment

Would love to know what you think :)